Accelerated, Alternative Program
ACT Central TXprovides a proven and research based preparation program
developed on sound educational philosophy and pedagogy. This accelerated program
provides an alternative route to teacher certification without additional university coursework.
ACT Central TX is committed to providing extensive support and feedback to our
first year teachers through collaboration with program staff, campus administration,
and trained campus mentors.
ACT Central TX believes in "Students First" - for the candidate,
our focus is preparation and support for a successful first year; for the classroom
student, our priority is to assure quality classroom instruction for maximum
student achievement and learning.
ACT Central TX believes that successful teachers are caring, dedicated, and nurturing.
Our program supports these qualities through various program components that provide on going
professional development and growth.
2 Easy Ways To Get Certified!
- Full time, teacher of record with a full salary and benefits
- Internship is 1 full school year—180 days
- Internship fee is ACH bank drafted each month
- Recommendation for your standard certificate comes at the end of a successful first year, once all requirements have been met
- 12 weeks, full time, in an assigned classroom, working with a cooperating teacher.
- Not a paid position
- Recommendation for your standard certificate comes at the end of a successful 12 week assignment and all requirments have been met
Not Close to Your Location?
Click here to learn about our Distance Learning Program!